Feng Shui is a Chinese philosophical system of harmonizing the human existence with the surrounding environment.
I’d like to harmonize my existence with my surroundings but it sounds like a lot of effort! Once you get the ball rolling it’s easy but you have to start at the beginning in order to get it right – build the correct foundation.
One of our team is currently moving house which is great excuse to introduce a little feng shui into her new space. Starting from scratch.
Here are the pro’s best tips to get you started…there’s a little extra reading to be done if you want to follow each of these steps.
- Clear Out Your Clutter. Get rid of everything you do not love in your house. Clearing out that clutter is a time-and energy-consuming process that will feel like therapy, but it will help you “lighten up the load,” so to speak. Be ruthless as well. Ask yourself do you really love it? If it’s a maybe or an unsure then get rid!Do not skip this step, as it is an essential one in creating harmonious house feng shui energy.
- Have Good Quality Air and Light in your house. These two elements are essential for good feng shui energy (called Chi) in your home. Open the windows often, introduce feng shui air-purifying plants or use an air-purifier machine. Allow as much natural light as possible into your home, and consider using full-spectrum lights.
- Define the Bagua, (what??) The feng shui energy map of your house. A little further reading into this will help with these two main feng shui methods – the classical school bagua or the BTB grid. Once you define the bagua, you will know which areas of your home are connected to specific areas of your life. A little bit of extra research is usually required for this stage but it relatively easy to grasp.
- Get the Basics of 5 Feng Shui Elements in order to create balance and vibrant energy in all areas of your home. For example, if you are working on attracting more prosperity, you will introduce the feng shui elements of Wood and Water in the Southeast area of your house. If your need to improve your health, you will place lush wood feng shui element items, such as plants or pieces of wood furniture in the East area.
- Find Out Your Feng Shui Birth Element and create a home to nourish and support your energy. For example, if your own element is Fire, you need to introduce the expressions of Fire feng shui element, such as the Fire element colours (red, orange, purple, magenta, pink, yellow), triangular shapes, etc.You will also need a strong Wood element in your home, as Wood feeds the Fire in the productive cycle/relationship of five feng shui elements.
- Find Out Your Kua Number and Your Lucky Directions so that you can be energized by good energy from your best, or lucky feng shui directions. Adjust the position of your bed, your desk, the seating in your dining area, etc. For example, if your Kua number is 1, it is best to face one of the following directions: Southeast, East, South, and North.
- Always Be Mindful of the Feel of Your Home and how its energy influences your well-being. Make a habit of paying close attention to the so-called feng shui “trinity” that is deeply connected to your health – your bedroom, your bathroom and your kitchen. Nothing is static in the world of energy, so be wise and keep your home healthy and happy.
After you have mastered the seven home feng shui steps, if you want, you can explore the deeper levels of feng shui, and explore, for example, the annual movement of feng shui starts, or energies. Be sure to start with the basic steps, though, to have fun and try to enjoy the process!